Friday, April 26, 2013

Of Couches and Caffeine

      Oh devilish caffeine, you think you can suck me back into your evil ways. Just kidding. I don't mind so much now. At least I can say I only drink the occasional coffee for a morning pick me up, instead of being a hard core caffeine addict. If you are confused in any way about what I am referring to, let me rewind a bit.

      Flashback high school years. Teenage female, depression, insomnia, high school in general, and a heart/blood pressure condition that was controlled via medication and Mt. Dew. I went from 2-3 twenty ounce bottles of the beverage a day to going through gallons of caffeinated type beverages a day over the course of a month. It didn't matter what it was, as long as it contained caffeine. I  went like this for about 2 years. I'm honestly surprised I didn't do caffeine pills too. I downed everything from cappuccino, Volt (back before there were such things as 'energy drinks'), Mt. Dew, etc. My salvation from this curse came when I found out I was pregnant with my oldest son. The doctor told me I could either wean myself down or just cut myself off completely. I knew there was no 'weaning' myself, so I went with the only other option and quit cold turkey. I didn't sleep for a week and twitched constantly. Some people that knew me said I was like a crackhead without a fix. Creepy.

      Now here I am sitting with a cup o' joe, and I can finish it and call it a day. Tomorrow, if I don't need a push start, then I can go without. I feel so proud of myself. Yay me!

      On another note, my in-laws got a new couch! Brand spankin new! I love the smell of new furniture. I admit it, I couldn't resist smelling the couch for at least the first 5 minutes hehe. Along with new furniture smell I like the smell of new books, fresh painted rooms, new carpet, clean babies, my husband fresh out of the shower, my husband after he's worked on a car, and fresh cut wood. There's more of course, but these are just some of the more common, yet different ones. And the reason I mention my husband is because in my situation it would be wrong for me to say 'a man fresh out of the shower'. Plus, I DO like the smell of my hubby when he gets out of the shower. Not all men smell the same, even if they were to use the same shower products.

      Well, that's it for today! Peace out, rant on!

-Sesshy

No comments:

Post a Comment