Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ode to Alarm Clock

Alarm clock you wake me against my will daily with your screams
Violently ripping me from the wonderful world of my dreams
When your cries are most dearly needed for me to wake
It seems that is when you choose to remain silent
It must be my fate



       Ya'll know what I'm talkin about! Whether you set the time, but forgot to turn the alarm to 'On', or you set the time for pm vs am (or vice versa). Then there are those days when you just forget to turn the darn thing on all together! This happened to me yesterday. Thursday I had to get up early to take my youngest son up for surgery to get his adenoids removed. That night I was pretty tired out between the early morning, watching over him to make sure he was alright throughout the day, trying to get my oldest to understand that I don't love him any less just because I am watching my youngest like a mother hen would, and so on and so forth. So come that night I set my alarm for the next day so my oldest can still go to school. Being the next day was a Friday that meant he had a big science test and it was the 1st day of his big science project. On top of that, with this winter's horrid flu season and him being an asthmatic, I'm already having to deal with the school truancy board with his missed days.

     So I set the time and go to bed. Next morning I wake up to my husband banging on the door (he works nights) asking why BOTH boys are home. I look at the clock and realize what I did. I set it for PM instead of AM. Then we all start the dance of 'Let's all rush and see who can get in who's way the most because we're all in a hurry'. Hop in the car and drive as fast as safety allows in the pouring rain. Gotta love spring 2013 where mother nature has decided to stop taking her meds for menopause and bipolar at the same time. Make to school on time and head back home. Turn onto the road home and start hearing a strange squeaking sound. Great. Just another thing to break on this thing. Turns out to be a shock. All this crap-in-a-hand basket because of my lack of ability to be able to distinguish the little dot that means AM or PM. And because mornings just hate me in general.

    So that's my rant for the day. Have fun all. Peace out, rant on!

 -Sesshy

No comments:

Post a Comment