Monday, March 25, 2013

My first rant, and some gun control...

      For starters, I would like to say, I am not a huge blog reader. For me to start a blog is probably the oddest thing for me to do (not really). I am more into online comics, video games, anime cartoons, dress up games, and other geeky girl stuff. I don't care about the Kardashians (who are they exactly anyway?), and I don't watch those reality vote-em off shows. I have been called all sorts of things throughout my life from cute and pretty, to tomboy, to geek and nerd (both before and after geeks and nerds were cool). I've been the girl next door, the cheerleader, the emo/punk/goth chick. I've even been the girl that was with that bad boy biker guy, and we were stead for the longest time, then we were on again off again back and forth and it was the biggest news in high school. Was I popular? Never. At least not in my opinion. I felt I was always the person at the bottom of the totem trying so hard to work my way to the top. Only when I graduated did i realize that it was the people at the top that wished they could have traded places with me.

     So why did I decide to start a blog? Because I could. Why not? Not only that, but there is SOOOO MUCH THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID, AND NOT ENOUGH THAT IS HEARD. I have lived may too much and experienced way too much in the few years I have lived life. That being said, I seem to see things and understand things that the average person can no longer get.

      For example, this whole gun reform crap. I understand why and what-not, but the way the government is trying to go about it is all wrong. And on top of that, where was this gun refom back when Columbine happened? It took several high schools, colleges, an amish school, and an a group of 1st graders for this to happen? Reform needs to happen, but not in the form of no guns, limited ammo, etc. It needs to come in the form of more aggressive background checks and mental health checks. Don't let a person walk in and out the same day with a gun. If they want it that bad then they won't mind filling out the paperwork and letting it process a few days. The store can hold the gun during that time. Private sellers should be required to obtain a background check from the buyer. Failure to do so should result in fines and jail time. And I'm not talking a slap on a wrist. I'm talking at least a year of time and a couple grand in fines. If passing from one family member to another, it should be documented through the state. While I think it's a bunch of BS that we have to have the government hold our hand for ever little thing we do now days, this kinda makes sense. Or a simpler solution is to make people have to complete a series of classes and courses for weapons just like you do for driving a vehicle. Have a learners type permit where you need someone 21 or older at all times with you if you are out hunting or have a gun or weapon of any type on you. After you would complete another course to make sure you still know your gun/weapon safety. If you pass you get a regular permit that you have to renew ever 10 years or so. If you are caught at any time not following the laws of the weapon rules, you lose your permit and the rights to own a weapon. A person behind a wheel can kill a person just as easily as a person behind a trigger.

Well, that's today's rant. I started. I ranted. I'll have more. Have fun and peace out.

-Sesshy

No comments:

Post a Comment